Mo Blog

Monday 6 February 2012

"Where do you think you've been?"

A good question! Hello and happy new year at last. I would like to offer alibis about being wrapped up in projects and work and shoots and equipment and lists and images, but I'll hold off. My 2012 has had a much humbler start with 3 weeks back home in lovely Cork for Christmas and a week shredding up the powder on the pistes in Andorra. Take a look at the Dude Gang adventures from Soldeu, and our mad skills:


Soldeu 2012 from eoin carey on Vimeo.


So no excuses really! Though I am well rested and recharged and ready for a whole year of work and totally new things.

The first exciting news is that it is eoincareyphoto.com  O' Clock! I have finally launched my website and I am well excited. It is nice to have a slick online space to showcase myself commercially which opens up this ol' blog to more of my tricks and foolery. A nice spring clean on the visuals of the blogspot should also ensure a little more creative posting than the last months have seen. So step inside my office.

It is a standard to make some sweeping optimistic statement at the start of the year, but I have more on my side than generics. It is not only the year of the Dragon and the London Olympics, but most importantly, the Year of Creative Scotland. It is an exciting and energetic time to be living in Scotland for a plethora of reasons. Since we got our major cataclysms out of the way in 2009,  I plan on making the most of the events and art on show this year, travelling around the country and absorbing as much inspiration as I can. Any ideas? I would like to hear them!

Happy to leave work and plans until next time. Fun for now, it is still Winter.













e

No comments:

Post a Comment